About me and why did I create this site
I am Eric Shi, a wind power engineer and the father of a four-year-old daughter. I have flown about 140,000 kilometers and driven 20,000 kilometers since 2011 because my job requires plentiful project-based business trips. In general I need to travel from the city to the project sites, which are often in the wild or at sea. If necessary, I also constantly stayed on the site for weeks during the construction of a project. This job is very challenging, but also interesting for me. It is tremendously different from the office work.
I have read a lot of blogs and found that there is a lot about business trips, but few about project-based business travel.
It’s not supposed to be this way. I know there are at least four different types of projects: residential home building, heavy industrial construction, commercial and institutional construction, engineering construction. Correspondingly, there are a large number of engineering designers, project managers, and other practitioners in these industries. Most importantly, no matter what project they are building, such as bridges, tunnels, houses, railways, and oil fields, they must have a lot to share with others. I thought why not create a blog to share my experiences and ideas and make friends with people like me?
Therefore, I spent some time learning to build a website and start a blog. This is a little difficult for me, but I believe it is worth it.
Here are some notes about my blog:
- Generally speaking, this blog is about project-based business travel. It will include experiences, interesting stories, work-life balance, battles with anxiety, and practical advice during the business trip, etc.
- No matter what the topic is, it will be based on my true experience. Travel blogging is a crowded field, and it gets more crowded by the day. My blog will be different. It will focus on real experiences. Business travel is not always good, especially when you are carrying a lot of tasks.
- I hope it won’t be too late to create a blog now, and I plan to write about past travels firstly and keep updating it regularly to catch up with my present travels.
- Blogging is my part-time job, so I won’t update as frequently as other professional bloggers do. But I have great patience, and I will update it once a week on average. In addition, I will try my best to ensure that every blog is interesting or useful.
- I want to emphasize once again that truth, fun, and usefulness are the tenets of my blog.
Sincerely hope you like my blog, I’d love to hear from you. the best way to get in touch with me is by Email. Feel free to drop me a mail through my contact form — I reply to every e-mail I receive. You can also find me online on Twitter.